- 1 and 1/2 cups oat flour
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder*
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons xantham gum powder*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 to 1 cup applesauce (no sugar added)
- 3/4 cup melted coconut oil (Melt on stove top over very low heat (in a metal bowl))
One 12-ounce package dairy-free, semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Melt coconut oil.
- Mix wet ingredients together in small bowl.
- Mix dry ingredients together in large bowl.
- Add wet mixture into dry and stir to combine.
- Add chips.
- Rinse hands under water to wet palms and fingertips. Rewet hands as needed, if dough begins to stick to your fingers.
- Form dough into round, 1 and 1/2 inch cookies on ungreased cookie sheet. Thicker, smaller cookies (form a ball and flatten very slightly with fingers) work best.
- Bake at 325 for 15 minutes.
- Remove from cookie sheet about 1 minute after pulling from oven. Place on plate.
- Let cool and enjoy.
- Store in freezer. These taste even better frozen.
*If you cannot obtain arrowroot powder and xanthum gum, substitute 3 tablespoons corn starch for arrowroot powder and omit xanthum gum; this results in dryer, more cake-like cookies.